- FAQs & Services Offered
FAQs & Services Offered
1. Can I place a custom order? Unfortunately, Sole Survivor is unable to accommodate custom design orders.
2. Are repair or modification services offered? Sole Survivor offers repair services on items we make. If you need something repaired or modified that was not made by Sole Survivor, we can help by referring you to an appropriate service provider. See #9 below for the exception!
3. What about monogramming? Sole Survivor offers monogramming services on items that we make. We cannot offer monogramming on items made by other makers or manufacturers. At this time, we are not aware of anyone in the area who does offer this service. (SORRY!)
4. Does Sole Survivor ever have sales? From time to time we have end of season clearance sales. We invite you to sign up for our emails because often times, we include a $'s off coupon to be used in the store. If you would like to be on our mailing list to be informed about our sales, click here.
5. Can Sole Survivor items be shipped? Yes, we can ship items you purchase in our store to any U.S. address. Cost to be determined at time of purchase but usually ranges from $8 for small items and $20+ for larger items like satchels/briefcases.
6. Can I get on your email list to hear about sales and special offers? Of course! Click HERE
7. Where are Sole Survivor's leather jackets made? Sole Survivor leather jackets are made for us by an overseas manufacturer. We are seriously happy with the overall quality of these!
8. What are your "made to measure" services? Sole Survivor offers several items that are made to measure. For example, our leather sandals. Made to measure is not quite the same as custom. It means that you select from among the sandal styles designed by Steve and the sandals are then made to YOUR measurements and in the color option you have chosen.
9. Can Sole Survivor replace the shoulder straps on a shoulder or handbag that I own? YES! Sole Survivor offers REPLACEMENT services on your existing leather bags. We see this so often - even high end bags need straps replaced. Replacement straps start at $65 and can go up into the $200 range depending on the bag. Please bring the bag in to the store to get an evaluation and quote. We highly recommend that you call before coming to make sure that the person who needs to evaluate the bag will be in when you want to come.
10. How do I take care of my new Sole Survivor Leather item? It depends on what kind of leather it is. Most of our leathers need little "extra" care and can be wiped with a slightly damp cotton cloth. Others benefit greatly from a monthly or bimonthly light cleaning and conditioning. Sole Survivor rarely recommends oil or saddle soap. If you are in doubt, we are happy to advise. Bring your leather item in and Steve or Kay will be happy to take a look.
11. Can I buy online and purchase in store? YES, it's called BOPIS and it's COMING. Soon there will be a special category of ready-made, in stock items that you can purchase online and pick up in the store.